Update - we are opening!
From 23rd May, the museum is open again!
- opening hours are: Tue-Sun, 9am - 5pm
- the museum can be visited with a 'Ticket for a Walk' only
- general admission: 1000 HUF
- under 14 and over 70 years: free entrance
- the buildings are closed, but you are free to walk on the area, visit the streets, gardens and yards
- please take care of our safety instructions (more info in the entrance building)
OPENING HOURS 2020
Tuesday - Sunday
27th October -
Tuesday - Sunday
9am - 4pm
St Martin's Day
9am - 6pm
Ticket office closes 30 minutes before closing time.
Please consider following informations by planning your visit in 2020:
The museum is CLOSED on mondays.
Except of: 13th April 2020, 1th June 2020 (open: 9am - 5pm) due to the festival programme of Eastern and Whitsun
Following units are temporarily closed due to reconstruction works in 2019:
The entire Upper-Tisza regional unit, except of the Protestant Church
The Museum is located in the Duna-Ipoly National Park. Besides viewing buildings and exhibited objects the vast park provides an excellent venue for relaxation and recreation. It is our mutual interest to preserve and take care of the environment.
Thank you for
- usung the rubbish bins
- not disturbing your fellow visitors with loud music or talk
- leaving exhibited objects unharmed on their location
- not taking your dog into the exhibited buildings and clean up 'bigger marks' left by your pet
If you have an accident or notice a threat, please turn to the nearest attendant or call +36 26 502 510.
For the disabled people
Wheelchair accessible toilets are located in the entrance building, behind the Little Hungarian Plains regional unit, in the Upland Market Tow regional unit, in the Granary of the Northern Hungarian Vllage regional unit, in the office building at the Ethnograpical Study Collection and in the Csilléry Klára Education Centre.
Please lead your muzzled dog on a leash all through the premises of the Museum. Dogs can enter for free. Entering the exhibition buildings with dogs is not allowed.
Thank you for not smoking or using places disignated for smokers.
VISIT OTHER MUSEUMS THIS SUMMER!
Your day ticket from SZENTENDREI SKANZEN gives you free admission this summer to one of the following leading open air museums world wide:
- Den Gamle By in Aarhus, Denmark
- Beamish, close to Newcastle, England
- Jamtli, Östersund
- Sovereign Hill in Ballarat, Australia
Offer applies this summer, 2017 upon presentation of Szentendrei Skanzen Ticket.
For further information please contact us:
Phone: +36 26/502-537